Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Tina, You Fat Lard, Come Get Some Ham!"


I couldn't resist using that title cause its probably my favorite line from Napoleon Dynamite. Because of it, I laugh every time I see a llama. I have been feeding my neighbor's llamas for about 5 years now, here and there when they go on their biking trips. I'll admit that I get a little nervous getting into their fence when it has been a while since my last feeding. They really aren't threatening creatures, but they are tricky little devils let me tell ya....they know what they should and shouldn't be doing. Its too complicated to explain, but I have to scold and shoo them when they misbehave. And I dont care how many times the little black one sneakily nudges open the hay door (I purposely shut tight) and has his big buck toothed snout inches from mine when I turn around - I nearly pee my pants from fright! But all in all, they are interesting mammals. Interesting looking too. Something of a resemblance between a rabbit and a camel?

No comments: