Thursday, January 22, 2009

BOKEH, BABY!

I am happy to say that I finally ordered my lens, and it wasn't the one that I was talking about in my previous blog - its a 70-200mm f/2.8 telephoto lens
I ordered it saturday night and I am just antsy for it to come in! I realize that Tamron isn't the top of the line lens, but I have a Tamron wide angle and I have been very happy with it....just trying to live within my means, right? But isn't it always the way it works? The second after you get something you've pined and drooled over you start craving something else? What is it about the human condition that causes this? Or is it just really a personal issue? I say this cause I am now lusting (hahah, nice word usage, right?) for a 50mm f/1.4 lens. Its a tiny little thing. not too expensive. But takes GREAT shallow depth of field pics. So as of late I have fallen in love with what's called Bokeh photography.

"Bokeh: (derived from Japanese, a noun boke 暈け, meaning "blurred or fuzzy") is a photographic term referring to the appearance of out-of-focus areas in an image produced by a camera lens using a shallow depth of field.[1] Different lens bokeh produces different aesthetic qualities in out-of-focus backgrounds, which are often used to reduce distractions and emphasize the primary subject." - Wikipedia.com

Here are some examples on the wikipedia site:






Isn't it...... ....AWESOME?!

2 comments:

Kastina said...

This is awesome. I love the little girl!!!!!!

Adventures of Carissa said...

WAHOOO! Finally!! now get busy and take some awesome pics so i can see the result!